Learn about our open positions:
New Entry envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, New Entry actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
If you are interested in volunteer opportunities or available internships, please visit those pages on our website for more information.
New Entry Food Hub is a project of New Entry Sustainable Farming Project (www.nesfp.org). Our Food Hub embodies a unique relationship between producers and consumers, which benefits consumers, small-scale limited-resource farmers, local communities and the environment. New Entry is a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks (www.tsne.org).
The Food Hub Driver will assist in delivery operations of the Food Hub, a local food aggregation facility in Beverly, MA, by supporting transportation of food from farms to the Food Hub and from the Food Hub to customers. Responsibilities include assisting in delivery of a 400 plus member, multi-farm Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program and as well as variety of wholesale accounts providing fresh, locally-grown fruits and vegetables to customers around the Boston area. Driving shifts will vary depending on need, but shifts likely to be around 5-6 hours per day up to three days per week. This is a temporary position and will run from mid-June to early-November.
- Pickup produce from area farms
- Deliver CSA shares and other produce orders to 20+ locations per week in the eastern MA/Boston area on time and during scheduled pickup windows;
- Work with customers, site coordinators and volunteers at various Pick-up Locations to trouble shoot delivery or pickup concerns and communicate issues back to Food Hub team;
- Provide friendly customer service to stakeholders at Pick-up Locations;
- Monitor operational and maintenance needs of delivery vehicle (gas, oil, windshield-wiper fluid) and schedule maintenance;
- Perform other related duties as required.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- Clean Driving Record;
- Ability to safely drive 14 foot and 16 foot box trucks in urban settings (narrow streets, tight loading docks, and alleyways);
- Delivery experience loading and unloading boxes;
- Customer service experience;
- Friendly, reliable, high energy level, comfortable with multi-tasking.;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Team player, ability to interact with diverse personalities; tactful, respectful, flexible;
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment;
- Self-motivated and directed;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with on-call availability Tuesday-Thursday;
- Access to reliable private transportation to reach Food Hub required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience handling produce preferred.
- Previous experience in commercial farming or wholesaling preferred.
- Experience driving a box truck in an urban setting preferred.
- Cross-cultural experience preferred.
To Apply for all New Entry open positions, visit the employment section of our website at www.tsne.org. We strongly encourage online applications per instructions above and provision of a writing sample as needed. We also accept applications by mail or fax. Apply by mail to: TSNE MissionWorks, Attn: Employment Manager, NonProfit Center, 89 South Street Suite 700, Boston, MA 02111; or send by fax to: 617.523.2070.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/New Entry will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.