The conference will bring together leaders in, and advocates of, food security, sustainable agriculture and social justice movements to discuss their range of perspectives, how these areas overlap, and how to support one another’s work.
We expect 500 attendees from the fields of community food security, social justice and sustainable agriculture.
- December 5th pre-conference workshop sessions, field trips and events
- December 6th and 7th main conference workshops and activities including reception
- Workshops and networking sessions focused on food justice, policy, best practices, experiential education, sustainability, economic development, building community, and promoting access to healthy food in underserved communities
- Exhibit hall for leading non-profit, academic, business and government organizations in the community food field
- Meals featuring locally-grown foods including a reception hosted by local organizations
- Field trips for an experiential component to see community food systems work in action
- Keynote and plenary sessions on food security, social justice and sustainable agriculture
More details: http://nesfp.org/community-food-systems-conference-2017. Registration information coming in 2017.