In this course, you will learn how to:
- Create a mission and vision for your business
- Develop a budget and a plan to fund your business
- Create a marketing plan for your business
- Set goals and create a timeline for your farm business to grow
- Weave those elements together into a cohesive business plan
- Course Details:
We will offer The Farm Business Planning Course once in the Fall of 2022 and again in the Winter 2023. The courses meet online on Tuesdays from 6pm to 8:30pm Eastern Standard Time for 8 consecutive weeks. Each evening session is filled with information and activities that will help you write your farm business plan. The Farm Business Planning course is designed to help you create a written plan to start or expand your farm business. If you are interested in growing on our incubator farm, you must have a business plan.
The course is recognized by the Farm Service Agency (FSA) as fulfilling one of their financial management training requirements.
Dates of Fall 2022 Course: Tuesdays, Oct. 4th to November 22nd
Dates of Winter 2023 Course: Tuesdays, January 3rd to February 21st
Cost: $400, need-based scholarships and scholarships for veterans are available
Instructors: Ben Zoba and Leah Jurman