If you are a new farmer who needs access to land, New Entry can help you understand your options! We're hosting a free workshop to help new farmers identify their land needs and navigate the land procurement process. This workshop will help you determine:
• What are the soil types on the land?
• What kind of conservation and wildlife restrictions are on the land?
• What are zoning regulations that could prohibit farming?
• What type of infrastructure should you look for?
• Can you pay for the lease or mortgage with your farm business?
You will hear from industry professionals about things to consider to negotiate a lease, purchase a property, or plan a business, and you will learn how to access funds to get started. Our panel of speakers will include:
• Land for Good
• Conservation Law Foundation’s Legal Food Hub
• Farm Service Agency
• Farm Credit East
• New Entry alumni farmers
The inaugural workshop will be held Thursday, July 26th from 6-9pm in Lowell, MA at Middlesex Community College Campus, Carole Cowan Center, Room LC107 at 33 Kearney Square, Lowell, MA 01852. This is a free event, but registration is requested. You can pre-register online at https://www.tfaforms.com/4681400. For more information contact New Entry Sustainable Farming Project at 978-654-6745. Ext. 106.