Crop Production Course
Are you interested in starting your own farm business but need to learn technical skills to get started, the Crop Production Course is for you!
This 9-week online course covers essential topics related to sustainable crop production, enabling participants to grow food while caring for the soil at the farm or in the garden.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Grow a diversity of fruits and vegetables for your home and/or business
- Care for your soil
- Create a crop plan
- Manage a greenhouse
- Buy and maintain farm equipment and machinery
- Set up irrigation systems
- Manage soil nutrients
- Manage weeds and use cover crops
- Identify pests and implement pest management strategies
- Learn how to prepare crops for market and comply with food safety regulations
- Connect with agencies that provide services for new farmers
2024 Course Details:
Participants and instructors meet online every Tuesday evening from 5:30pm to 7:00pm EST for 9 weeks, starting April 30th. In addition to meeting together online once a week, participants will be given access to a healthy amount of additional educational material in a variety of media to be enjoyed at one's leisure. Also, students will have access to one-on-one technical assistance from New Entry staff.
Online Session (April 30th – June 25th, 2024)
Meeting place and time: Online via Zoom, each Tuesday, 5:30-7:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time for 9 weeks
Course cost: $450. Scholarships for a half-off discount are available. See below for more details.
1. Register via this Crop Production Course Registration Form
2. Registrants will be contacted with information regarding how to pay and finalize enrollment.
Scholarships: We are able to offer half-off scholarships to individuals that meet certain criteria.
Those eligible for a scholarship will received a 50% discount code to be applied during the payment process. Scholarship eligibility determinations will be made within a week of application. You may apply for a scholarship using the registration form.