Crop Production Course
Are you interested in starting your own farm business but need to learn technical skills to get started, the Crop Production Course is for you!
This 8-week online course covers essential topics related to sustainable crop production, enabling participants to grow food while caring for the soil at the farm or in the garden.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Grow a diversity of fruits and vegetables for your home and/or business
- Identify sustainable agriculture practices
- Create a crop plan
- Manage a greenhouse
- Buy and maintain farm equipment and machinery
- Set up a drip irrigation system
- Manage soil nutrients
- Manage weeds and use cover crops
- Identify pests and implement pest management strategies
- Learn how to prepare crops for market and comply with food safety regulations
- Connect with agencies that provide services for new farmers
2022 Course Details:
Online Session (July 14, 2022 – Sept 1, 2022)
Meeting place and time: Online via Zoom each Thursday, 5:00-6:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time for 8 weeks
Course cost: $395. Scholarships for a half-off discount are available. See below for more details.
Steps to enroll:
1. Register via this Crop Production Workshop Registration Form
Scholarships: We are able to offer scholarships to individuals that meet certain criteria.
Those eligible for a scholarship will received a 50% discount code to be applied during the payment process. Scholarship eligibility determinations will be made within a week of application. You may apply for a scholarship using the registration form.