If you are at the very beginning of exploring farm business ownership, Explore Farming is for you!
In this workshop you will:
- learn about agriculture in Massachusetts and New England
- learn about the variety of roles in the food system and opportunities to get involved
- hear the perspective from a local farmer about getting started in agriculture
- learn about New Entry Sustainable Farming Project's courses and services
- identify resources you have and resources you'll need for your farm business
- identify next steps to get started
This is a free interactive two hour workshop with presentations and in-class activities designed to help you identify what actions you will need to take towards farm business ownership. This workshop is offered every 4-6 weeks in different locations around northeastern Massachusetts.
This workshop will also be followed by a tour of our new site, Moraine Farm. Moraine Farm is a Trustees of the Reservation property and Frederick Law Olmstead landscape. Let us show you around this beautiful land!
Date: April 7th, 2019
Time: 10:00am-12:00pm with tour afterwards
Place: The NEW New Entry office, located at Moraine Farm
735 Cabot Street, Beverly, MA.
How to Register:
Register by filling out our registration form– https://www.tfaforms.com/382268