If you are at the very beginning of exploring farm business ownership, Explore Farming is for you!
In this free workshop you will:
- learn about agriculture in Massachusetts and New England
- learn about the variety of roles in the food system and opportunities to get involved
- hear the perspective from a local farmer about getting started in agriculture
- learn about New Entry Sustainable Farming Project's courses and services
- identify resources you have and resources you'll need for your farm business
- identify next steps to get started
This is a free, interactive two hour workshop with presentations and in-class activities designed to help you identify what actions you will need to take towards a career in farming. This workshop is offered every 4-6 weeks in different locations around northeastern Massachusetts.
This workshop will also be followed by a tour of our organically certified demonstration plot and greenhouses that incorporate various sustainable farming methods.
Dates: - Aug. 25, 2019
- Sept. 22, 2019
Time: 10:00am-12:00pm with tour afterwards
Place: New Entry Farmer Training Center, 733 Cabot St., Moraine Farm, Beverly, Mass.
How to Register:
Register by filling out our registration form by clicking here.