Farm Business Planning
If you've decided that you are ready to start your own farm business, the Farm Business Planning Course is for you.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Create a mission and vision for your business
- Identify resources you have and resources you'll need for your farm business
- Create a marketing plan for your business
- Set goals and create a timeline for your farm business to grow
- Develop the individual elements necessary for an effective farm business plan, including enterprise budgets, a crop plan, cash flows, and more
- Weave those elements together into a cohesive business plan
This course meets for 8 evening sessions (6pm-9pm) at the New Entry office in Lowell; every year we offer a fall session and a winter session. While the course content is the same between these two sessions, fall session attendees will have the priority over winter session attendees with respect to applications for space on our incubator farm for the following growing season. This is because the winter session’s end date is so close to the start of the growing season that it is often challenging to accommodate winter session attendees into the incubator farm’s limited space. Therefore, applicants with farm production experience who anticipate being ready to begin their business on New Entry's incubator farm sites during the next growing season should make every effort to attend the fall session.
Dates: Fall Session - October 25 to December 20, 2018 and Winter Session - January 9 to Feb 27, 2019
Cost: The standard course fee is $400, but you may be eligible for a tuition waiver of between $80 - $320, depending on your financial need.
How to Apply
The registration form will be available soon.
Please contact Juliette Enfield, at (978) 654-6745 x 106 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions about the Farm Business Planning Course!
Note: Due to limited staff capacity, we will not be offering an online version of the Farm Business Planning Course in 2018. However, if you would like to be put on our waiting list for future online business planning courses, contact Juliette at the number or email above.