Incubator Farm Program Details
- Complete the Farm Business Planning Class
- Submit a completed business plan
- Fill out and submit an application
- Show proof of farm liability insurance
New Entry will provide…
We currently charge $718/acre or $180 for a ¼ acre plot. These fees include the following:
- Spring/Fall plowing
- Field scale fertility and pH applications
- Landowner fees
- Sanitary facilities
- Access to irrigation and electricity
- Fall cover crop seed
- Field trainings
- Unheated greenhouses
- Storage sheds
- Small equipment
- Produce wash stations
Additional services and fees include…
- One-on-one technical assistance - $26/hr or $308 for a full season of TA sessions
- Custom tractor work - $47/hr
- Equipment fee - $154/season
- Pesticide fee - $57/season
- Cooler use - $180/season
Complimentary support for farmers
- We provide ongoing feedback and technical assistance for farmers on their business and production plans, and provide help ordering seeds and equipment, getting permits and insurance, keeping records, and accessing credit.
- You can farm on the New Entry Incubator Farm for up to three seasons. After that, we will assist you in transitioning to your own independent farm site.
- If you choose to farm elsewhere, we can help you locate and evaluate farmland.
- What you grow on the New Entry sites belongs to you! You can sell it through the World PEAS Food Hub, or through any other markets that you've identified.