Unfortunately New Entry is no longer able to support free technical assistance for Community Food Projects. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Applying to the USDA for a Community Food Projects grant can be a challenge, but the benefits to your program and the people you serve can also be extremely valuable. New Entry and our partners created a wealth of resources to help you evaluate your project and provide expert advice on how to submit a high quality proposal that reflects the impactful work you do in your community.
To return to the main Community Food Projects assistance page, click here
Request for Applications
There are currently no webinars scheduled.
Friday, September 20, 2019
Making project decisions can be difficult to be begin with, but add the complexity of multiple stakeholders to the picture and coming to an inclusive decision can seem near impossible. Community Food Projects, which involve multiple organizations and community members, can benefit from clear decision-making procedures that are built on a realistic understanding of how this process can work. This webinar will take look at how groups come to agreement, why members disagree, and discuss examples of ways to foster full participation, ensure mutual understanding, and build shared responsibility to facilitate inclusive solutions and move forward.
- Friday, May 3, 2019 - 1pm EST
- Interested in learning more about the Community Food Projects grant program, or finding out whether your organization is ready to apply? This webinar presents a dialogue with CFP grantees from across the country with diverse projects about their lessons learned and tips for CFP applicants. (This webinar is for those with low to moderate knowledge of CFP.)
- Click here to view this webinar recording.
Our Webinar Topics:
- Overview of using Grants.gov and the application process
- Evaluation for Community Food Projects Applications
- Understanding the Community Food Projects Grant Program for Nevada nonprofits
- Community Food Projects - Planning & Community Engagment Strategies
- Logic Models as a Comprehensive Tool for Attaining Programmatic Success
- Sustaining your Program after Community Food Projects Funding
- Whole Measures for Community Food Projects
Planning Successful Community-Based Food Projects
Originally created by Hugh Joseph and Barbara Rusmore for the Community Food Security Coalition, the updated version of this guide offers concrete advice, definitions, and a road map to planning a successful Community Food Project. Download the guide here.
Community Food Projects Guides
Community Food Projects FY 2019 Grant Writing Guide - A comprehensive guide to serve as a supplement to the RFA.
Planning Grant FY 2019 Guide - A guide specifically for organizations interested in apply for the CFP planning grant.
Electrictronic Submissions Guide and FY2019 Advisory - A guide that walks through the process of submitting grants through Grants.gov