National Incubator Farm Training Initiative
New Entry's National Incubator Farm Training Initiative (NIFTI) is a backbone organization that provides comprehensive one-on-one consulting, educational resources, and professional development opportunities for dozens of organizations throughout North America.
NIFTI began in early 2012 and is a collaboration between New Entry, the Intervale Center, the Minnesota Food Association, the Agriculture and Land-Based Training Association, Cultivating Community, and the International Rescue Committee. With our combined decades of experience, NIFTI and our network of experts can make sure you never have to reinvent the wheel.
NIFTI's services include:
- A dedicated online resource center for incubator farms with document templates, sample curriculum, site management protocols, and much more
- Archived and ongoing in-depth webinar series on topics related to the operations and management of farm incubators
- Personalized, one-on-one technical assistance for your startup or established program from our network of experienced incubator project staff
- Annual “Farm Incubator Field School” bringing together a national “Community of Practice” to learn, network, and problem solve with their peers
- Social networking and collaboration opportunities through Facebook, Incubator Farms Listserv, and ongoing administrative support
- National level data gathering and the development of metrics that speak to the impact and outcomes of land-based farm incubators
If your organization would like to receive technical assistance or other support from NIFTI, or you would like your organization to appear on the national farm incubator map, please fill out the NIFTI Intake Form.
Thanks to our generous program sponsors most of NIFTI's services are free of charge, and all others are available on a sliding scale. Contact us with your specific needs and we can discuss options for tailoring your technical assistance.
For more information about New Entry's National Incubator Farm Training Initiative, contact Lindsay Davies, National Farmer Training Networks Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 978-654-6745.