A guide for small-scale poultry producers and processors using a Massachusetts-inspected mobile poultry processing unit (MPPU) or stationary on-farm facility. The guide was created by New Entry in partnership with the New England Small Farm Institute with input from Massachusetts state agencies, outlining the food safety and recordkeeping practices required of small-scale poultry processors operating under a slaughter license from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, including:
- On-farm processing safe food handling plan
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Standard Operating and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs and SSOPs)
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plan
- Sample Daily Use Report Logs for Massachusetts poultry processors
For questions or clarification about the Handbook, or for technical assistance in completing your local and state approvals for MPPU use, please contact the New Entry office at 978-654-6745.