The Beginning Farmer Education and Curriculum Coordinator will develop new farmer education strategies and build curriculum to provide high-quality training to small-scale, direct market beginning farmers, both on and off the field, on multiple aspects of farm enterprise development. She/he will oversee educational programs, courses and practical skills workshops for diverse adult learners. Other important work includes working with the farmer training team to develop, educate and support new producers to achieve economically viable farm businesses through group learning, individual farm coaching and financial technical assistance. This person will also support case management/technical assistance for participants in New Entry programs and services.
Key Job Elements
- Expand curriculum and design new course development for core New Entry programs (Farm Business Planning Course, field-based practical skills workshops, distance learning program, specialty crop production, food safety and direct marketing education courses);
- Coordinate and teach farmer training courses/curriculum in collaboration with farmer training team, other farming organizations and regional experts;
- Seek USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) Certified Borrower Training course accreditation and explore possibilities of credit-based course development with local community colleges and other educational institutions;
- Provide technical assistance to producers related to course instruction;
- Contribute to New Entry’s farmer “case management” system by completing farmer assessments and learning plans through course enrollment and through life cycle of farmers’ learning goals;
- Facilitate effective referrals and address ongoing technical assistance needs;
- Support the work plans, budgets, metrics and evaluation outcomes and other guiding documents for farmer training programs, including assisting with development of funding opportunities;
- Attend conferences and events to conduct outreach and present on our work;
- Assist other projects as needed.
For full job posting and application instructions, please go to: http://tsne.org/education-and-curriculum-coordinator-nesfp