A messy open faced veggie sandwich covered with home made blue cheese dressing to eat with a fork!
Blue Max Sandwich
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, in thin diagonal slices
- 3 cups chopped white cabbage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill (1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 4 thick slices of whole wheat bread
- Ingredients (Blue Cheese Dressing)
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 6 ounces blue cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup milk
Sauté the onions in oil for 1 minute on high heat. Add the carrots and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the cabbage, salt, and pepper and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring often. Stir in the mushrooms and dill. Cover, lower the heat to medium, and cook until the vegetables are tender.
Toast the whole wheat bread. On individual plates, ladle the vegetables over toast, top with Blue Cheese Dressing, and serve.
Directions (Blue Cheese Dressing)
Put all ingredients except a third of the blue cheese in a blender or food processor. Blend to a smooth, creamy consistency. Crumble the remaining blue cheese and stir into the dressing. Refrigerated and tightly covered, Blue Cheese Dressing will stay fresh for 4 or 5 days. Try it as a dip, as well as on salads and sandwiches.