Creamy goat cheese and sage make these mashed potatoes unique.
Creamy Mashed Potatoes with Goat Cheese & Sage
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 5 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup (or more) whole milk
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- Fresh sage sprigs
Cook potatoes in large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 12 minutes; drain well. Return to same pan. Add cheese, ¼ cup milk, and butter; mash until smooth. Mix in chopped sage; season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm over low heat, thinning with more milk, if too thick.) Mound potatoes in bowl. Garnish with fresh sage sprigs.