Long Beans with Eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 hot red chili pepper, slit lengthwise, seeded and sliced finely
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- 1 pound long beans or slender French beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
In a skillet, heat the oil. When it is hot, cook the cumin seeds, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add the onion, chili, and curry leaves. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
Add in the beans, curry powder, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Pour in the water and cook until it evaporates from the pan and the beans are tender.
Meanwhile, beat the eggs with salt and pepper.
Push the beans to the sides of the skillet. Pour the eggs into the middle. Cook over low heat, stirring, until the egg is almost set. Stir the beans into the eggs. Stir-fry over medium-high heat until the egg sets.