Sugar Pumpkin, Feta & Cilantro Quesadillas
- 3 cups 1 1/2-inch cubes peeled seeded sugar pumpkin or butternut squash (from about half a 2-pound whole pumpkin)
- 1 finely chopped seeded jalapeño (about 2 tablespoons)
- 12 8-inch-diameter flour tortillas
- 10 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, each cut into 6 wedges
Cook pumpkin in large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender but not falling apart, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool 10 minutes. While pumpkin is still warm, transfer to processor; puree until smooth. Stir in jalapeño; season with salt and pepper. Divide pumpkin mixture equally among 6 tortillas (about ¼ cup per tortilla) and spread evenly. Sprinkle feta over each. Top each with ¼ cup cilantro and sprinkle with black pepper. Top with second tortilla.
Heat heavy large skillet over mediumhigh heat. Cook quesadillas until golden and dark char marks appear, about 1 minute per side. Serve with lime wedges.